Update on acquisition of additional stake of 15% in JC Biotech Private Limited, subsidiary
Intimation of Board Meeting dated August 11, 2018 and Closure of Trading Window
Approval of Reclassification by Shareholders in 33rd Annual General Meeting
Proceeding of 33rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) as per SEBI (Listing obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015
Proceedings of 32nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) as per SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015
Documents for Resident non-individual shareholders (Company, Firms, Trust, HUF, AOP, Bank, etc
Notice of 30th Annual General Meeting including remote e-voting process, Proxy Form & Attendance slip
Intimation of Notice of 29th Annual General Meeting and Annual Report 2017-2018
Note for the Members of Advanced Enzyme Technologies Limited (“Company”) on Tax Deduction at Source on Dividend:
Pursuant to the provisions of Finance Act, 2020, the Company shall deduct tax at source (“TDS”) in accordance with the provisions of the Income Tax Act 1961 as may be amended from time to time (“IT Act”), from the final Dividend, if approved by the Members at the AGM, as Dividend income is taxable in the hands of the Members, effective April 01, 2020.
1. To enable the Company to determine the appropriate TDS rate as may be applicable, Members are requested to submit the following document(s) and details, as applicable, by email to the Company at email@example.com on or before Tuesday, August 09, 2022:
a) In case of Resident Individual Members: TDS on Dividend under the provisions of Section 194 of the IT Act (or as may be amended / notified by the Government of India, from time to time):
- TDS at 10% on the Dividend amount, for Members having valid PAN registered in their respective folio/demat account.
- TDS at 20% in cases:
- where Member(s) do not have PAN/have not registered their PAN details in their respective folio/demat account, or
- where the Member(s) have not linked their Aadhar to the PAN within the prescribed timelines (unless there is an extension in due date), and in such cases PAN will be deemed inoperative and TDS will be required to be deducted at a higher rate under Section 206AA of the IT Act; or
- where Member(s) have not filed return of income tax for any of the last two financial years (i.e. FY 2019-20 and FY 2020-21) and the aggregate of TDS as well and Tax collected at source (TCS) in each of these two previous financial years in case of the Member(s), is Rs 50,000 or more.
- No tax is required to be deducted on the Dividend amount payable to a resident individual Member(s) if the total Dividend to be received by such Member(s) during financial year 2021-22 does not exceed Rs. 5,000; or in cases where Member(s) provides Form 15G (for individuals, with no tax liability on total income and income not exceeding maximum amount which is not chargeable to tax) / Form 15H (for individual above the age of 60 years with no tax liability on total income) subject to the fulfillment of the conditions as may be specified in the IT Act, from time to time. The Member(s) may also submit any other document(s) as prescribed under the IT Act to claim a lower or NIL tax. Valid PAN is mandatory for Members providing Form 15G / 15H or any other document(s) as mentioned herein.
b) In case Resident Non Individual Members:
- Insurance Companies: For Public and other Insurance companies, a declaration that it has full beneficial interest with respect to the shares owned by it, along with self-attested copy of PAN;
- Mutual Funds: Self-declaration that they are specified in Section 10 (23D) of the IT Act along with self-attested copy of PAN card and SEBI registration certificate;
- Alternative Investment Fund (“AIF”): AIF established/incorporated in India – Self-declaration that its income is exempt under Section 10 (23FBA) of the IT Act and they are governed by SEBI regulations as Category I or Category II AIF along with self-attested copy of the PAN card and SEBI registration certificate;
- Other Non-Individual Members: Documentary evidence along with an attested copy of the PAN who are exempted from deduction of tax under Section 194 of the IT Act and categories who are covered under Section 196 of the IT Act.
c) In case where the Members provide certificate under Section 197 of the IT Act for lower / NIL withholding of taxes, rate specified in the said certificate shall be considered based on submission of self-attested copy of the same.
d) In case of non-resident Member(s): Taxes are required to be withheld pursuant to the provisions of Section 195 and other applicable provisions of the IT Act, as per the rates applicable, from time to time. The withholding tax rate on the amount of Dividend payable shall be 20% plus applicable surcharge and cess, or as may be notified by the Government of India, from time to time. As per the IT Act, non-resident Members have the option to be governed by the provisions of the Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (“DTAA”) between India and the country of tax residence of the said Member(s). The non-resident Member(s) shall provide the following document(s) to avail the available benefits under the provisions of DTAA:
- Copy of the PAN card allotted by the authorities in India (duly certified by the Member) or details prescribed under Rule 37BC of the Income Tax Rules, 1962
- Copy of Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) for the financial year 2022-23 obtained from the revenue authorities of the country of tax residence (duly certified by the Member)
- Self-declaration in Form 10F
- Self-declaration by the Member(s) for having no permanent establishment in India in accordance with the applicable tax treaty
- Self-declaration of beneficial ownership by the Member(s)
- Any other document(s) as may be prescribed under the provisions of the IT Act and/or required by the Company thereto, for lower withholding of taxes if applicable (duly certified by the Member).
In case of Foreign Institutional Investors / Foreign Portfolio Investors: Tax will be deducted under the provisions of Section 196D of the IT Act at the rate of 20% plus applicable surcharge and cess or the rate provided in DTAA whichever is more beneficial, subject to the submission of above documents.
2. The relevant forms and declarations as mentioned above can be downloaded from the website of the Company, under the tab “Note on TDS on Dividend” at www.advancedenzymes.com/investors/announcements-notices/. You are requested to provide all the requisite documents and details to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday, August 09, 2022 to enable the Company to determine the TDS/withholding tax rate on the dividend amount. The Resident Non-Individual Members i.e. Insurance companies, Mutual Funds and Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) established in India and Non-Resident Non-Individual Members i.e. Foreign Institutional Investors and Foreign Portfolio Investors may alternatively submit the relevant forms / declarations / documents through their respective custodian who is registered on NSDL platform, on or before the aforesaid timelines. No communication on the tax rate, tax deduction / determination shall be entertained by the Company after Tuesday, August 09, 2022.
3. Application of TDS rate is subject to necessary due diligence including verification by the Company of the details of the Member(s) available as per the Register of Members on the Record Date mentioned in the AGM Notice, documents / other information available in the records of the Company / its Registrar & Transfer Agents (RTA) and other reliable source(s). The Company may deduct TDS on Dividend (if approved at the AGM) at the maximum applicable rate, in case of any incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous information and/or the valid proper documents and/or information not provided by the Member(s).
4. In case TDS is deducted at a higher rate, an option would be available with the Member(s), as may be eligible subject to the applicable provisions, to file the return of income and claim an appropriate refund.
5. In the event of any income tax demand(s) including any interest / penalty thereto arising due to any misrepresentation, inaccuracy and/or omission of document(s) and/or information provided and/or to be provided by the Member(s), such Member(s) shall indemnify the Company and provide the Company with all the relevant information, documents and co-operation in any such proceedings.
The Notes on TDS as mentioned herein, set out the summary of applicable material provisions in India pertaining to TDS on Dividend payment by the company, and is subject to amendment(s), if any from time to time and does not purport to be a complete and/or detailed analysis or listing of all potential tax consequences and/or applicability. The Members should consult their own tax advisor, as may be required, for the tax provisions applicability to them.
The shareholders can download the relevant forms/declarations mentioned above as given below:
|Web-links for formats/particulars of Documents required|
|Documents for Resident Non-Individual Shareholders (Company, Firms, Trust, HUF, AOP, Bank, etc.)|
|Documents for Resident Mutual funds, Insurance, Companies, AIF|
|Documents for Non-resident Shareholder|